On the June 13, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by managing editor Jacob Hall and weekend editor Brad Oman to discuss their recent adventures to theme parks. Peter visited Universal’s Islands of Adventure to experience the new Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure rollercoaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, while Jacob visited Orlando’s Walt Disney World to experience Pandora and Toy Story Land on a trip for the Toy Story 4 junket, and Brad got a chance to step into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland while he was visiting Los Angeles.
Opening Banter: Peter has returned, and is very tired. Peter, Ben and Jacob were all in Florida in the period of five days and didn’t see each other.
In Our Feature Presentation:
- Peter experienced the new Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure rollercoaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Islands of Adventure In Orlando Florida.
- Jacob visited Walt Disney World for the Toy Story 4 junket, and revisited old favorite rides and experienced new lands including Pandora: The World of Avatar and Toy Story Land.
- The New Stuff
- Toy Story Land
- Mine Train
- Frozen Ever After
- The Old Favorites
- What is Disney World like solo?
- How different do the parks feel now?
- Tips for future visitors!
- The New Stuff
- Brad was in Los Angeles for the Ghostbusters fan festival and got an opportunity to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland.
- Thank Peter’s castmember friend Nate for making it possible.
- Building a lightsaber
- Smuggler’s Run
- The food
- The shops: what did you buy?
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Cool Posts From Around the Web: