On the May 15, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in chief Peter Sciretta is joined by managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson, and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Ben read William Goldman’s Adventures in the Screen Trade
- Chris started reading Ruined by Design: How Designers Destroyed the World, and What We Can Do to Fix It by Mike Monteiro.
- Hoai-Tran finished Dune.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter watched Survivor and nothing of note this week.
- Ben and Chris both saw John Wick Chapter 3 – Parabellum.
- Jacob and Ben watched Game of Thrones
- Brad and Jacob saw Detective Pikachu.
- Jacob, Ben and Chris watched Barry.
- Ben watched The Matrix, and Jacob rewatched the Matrix sequels, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.
- Hoai-Tran watched Border, The Hustle, Someone Great, Rilakkamu and Kaoru, Fruits Basket.
- Brad watched The Front Runner, and started rewatching 30 Rock again.
- Chris watched Deadwood the Movie, and A Dog’s Journey.
- Ben watched I Think You Should Leave.
- Jacob watched The Prodigy, All Hallow’s Eve, and the series finale of Veep. He’s also giving The Handmaid’s Tale season 2 another shot.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Peter tried Fat Burger’s “protein style”.
- Peter is going to make Jacob brag about his impressive diet progress even if he doesn’t want to.
- Brad tried Cheddar Cheese Bacon Combos, Swedish Fish Tails, and is enjoying S’Mores Oreos again.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Peter played the Big Trouble In Little China board game, and played Vader: Immortal on the Oculus Quest at Facebook HQ.
- Ben finished Red Dead Redemption 2
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Cool Posts From Around the Web: